Looking Back at 2009, Looking Forward to 2010
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
This past year has been a notable one for me personally, and for the ScruffyDragon team as a whole. I know you've probably had your fill of "end of the year"/"end of the decade" posts, so I'll try not to bore you with that (much), and instead focus on my plans for the new year.
But first, a brief recap on 2009:
- In January, as part of last year's "12 Days of Christmas", BobStarsky and I released Savage Hulk
- In April, as part of our Scruffyversary event, I released the first public version of Parasite, updated betas of Elektra and Sinestro, and "remixes" of both Green Lantern Hal Jordan and Ice
- In May, I picked up a great new partner for Parasite work, in the form of Jet the Phoenix
- Things got quiet for a little while, until I got an idea for a new "Blackest Night" edition of Hal Jordan. That effort is still ongoing, and should bear fruit soon.
Now, here are my goals for 2010:
- Blackest Night Hal Jordan (here's a list of the planned changes)
- Mandarin needs my attention before the new Iron Man movie comes out in May. At least a beta if not more.
- I'll be assisting the SGM team with the coding on tenchimuyo4ever's Green Skull character (he's an Amalgam of Red Skull and Lex Luthor; how could I say no? ;))
- Get Sinestro to a 1.0-level release before the end of the Blackest Night crossover.
- XFields and I are planning to work together again on Elektra, and bring her up to that 1.0 level as well.
- Finally get to that Marrow remix I had planned two years ago
- Invisible Woman: maybe, maybe not. Honestly I'm not very motivated to work on her right now.
- Bizarro: possibly collaboration with Kal-Elvis will re-ignite my enthusiasm here, but Kal's busy working on his music career, so I have no idea how likely that is.
So, that's the plan. I'll try to keep up the pace I set last year of posting something here at least weekly (usually on the weekend, Friday or Saturday), and we'll see how things go. I'm looking forward to a great 2010, and I wish the same for everyone here.
Good luck with that! I'm keeping track of all of it.
Happy new year.