Caution: tweak in progress

Friday, January 08, 2010

I woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground today, and my carpool-mate and I didn't want to drive to work in the dark, so I had a little extra time this morning to work on my site. I've updated the stages page to match the add-ons changes I made yesterday.

I've also started trying to drag my site into the new decade by using Dojo to dynamically fetch page content and inject it into the main content frame, and not have to include all the header and sidebar code in every single page of the site. That said, there are a couple of problems:

  1. Currently if you have a bookmarked link to my characters, stages, or add-ons pages, it will now load with no header, sidebar, or stylesheets at all. Yuck.
  2. I don't want to have to go back and manually change every single internal hyperlink on my entire site and rewrite it to load its content the new way. Ugh.
  3. I mistakenly deleted the main CSS stylesheet being used by all the character pages, so they're all going to look demented today.
  4. This new approach doesn't work with the browser's Back button, so I'll need to implement something with dojo.back

Ugh, this may be more trouble than it's worth. So anyway, I'm at work now and won't be updating anything until tonight, so watch your step today and try not to trod on any broken glass or nails, or fall through any holes in the floor. I'll find a solution to both problems tonight.

Labels:

Post a Comment