Hal as Blue/Green Lantern
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Here's the fourth palette idea I've had for our Hal Jordan character to commemorate the Blackest Night crossover. It reflects Hal's status during the recent Agent Orange story arc: Blue Lantern Saint Walker had placed a blue ring on Hal's finger to purge the poison of the red ring that had overpowered him, and the blue ring was "overclocking" the green ring, but it seemed the two were constantly fighting for control. So.... the palette will actually be a mix of blue and green elements, not straight blue.
This palette will not only look different, but will also behave differently than red, orange, and yellow... since it's mostly defensive, rather than changing his attacks it'll affect him in other ways:
- Custom intro and win/lose poses
- Powerbar quickly recharges whenever you're idle for a short time
- Special and hyper moves cost half as much power as normal (since I can't give you a "200%" power bar ;))
- Defense stats will be slightly higher, meaning he'll take a bit less damage than normally
- Moves are occasionally blocked/missed/interrupted by the ring asking "what do you hope for?" (heh)
So, mostly positive benefits, but at the risk of your high-power combo attack getting cut off by the overbearing ring. Seems like a fair tradeoff. >:)
Next up, indigo!
Labels: Blackest Night Hal
Yeah, that's what I thought...
It's almost impossible to do a constant-flowing Blue/Green palette, isn't it?
Anyway, is pretty damn cool,