What's Next? (Part 2 of 2)
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
I got some good response to Part 1 of my "what's left to do with my MUGEN characters" update. Here's the rest.
- MUGEN 1.0 compatibility
- need to incorporate SethZ's balance/changes
- New/improved moves:
- Gamma Tornado (spin-around-the-head throw)
- Gamma Charge
- Tank Smash hyper -- Hulk reaches offscreen, grabs the barrel of a nearby tank, and starts beating the snot out of P2
- Hulk Crush -- Hulk superjumps off screen, grabs a passing jet, and drops it on his opponent (MASSIVE damage, MONSTROUS lag)
- Skulk Smash! (Amalgam hyper)
- MUGEN 1.0 compatibility
- I've got a bunch of stuff finished that I haven't released yet:
- added taunt
- added fwd/back jumps
- tweaked FX for strong standing punch
- tweaked strong standing kick damage (does more with construct)
- added weak & medium crouching punches
- tweaked crouching strong punch (adjusted hitspark, added construct effect)
- tweaked weak air punch (more damage with construct, less vertical bounce)
- added construct effects to air punches
- added superjump follow to launcher (press up immediately after hitting)
- added collision boxes to Deadly Stare ending
- lose/draw game anims
- one or two more intros:
- re-create his first oath scene from Sinestro Corps War #1
- vs Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, etc
- a couple of outros
- stand & laugh
- custom gethits
- fix SFF issues with linked images
- basic attacks:
- some attacks still need powered-up alternate versions with constructs
- weak & medium crouching punches
- crouching kicks
- air kicks
- add missing weak & medium crouching kicks
- at least one throw
- special attacks to be done
- Armored Assault (low-damage Psycho Crusher style move)
- hyper attacks
- Sinestro Corps Attack!
- Parallax Unleashed
- Master of Fear (yellow core hyper assist)
- bugs to fix
- hair gray streak in most palettes should be toned down
- teeth in most sprites should be white, not yellow/green/gray
- falling axes in Fall Before Me don't have hitsparks
- some moves need collision boxes (so he's less cheap):
- standing medium & strong kicks
- strong air kick
- some construct sprites need to be folded into the core palette so they can be recolored
- medium & strong crouching kick are too similar
- Hmm. Me am totally sure about this guy!
- Seriously. I have no solid plans yet, only that I know he's not done yet. Any suggestions?
- Like Bizarro, Wally needs more specials & hypers, but I honestly haven't thought much about the movelist yet. Thoughts?
I hope to have some new screenshots to show off soon.
As for Flash ideas, I'm your guy. ;)
One idea that hasn't been done, is maybe has a special timer call it "Speedforce Meter" where he can slow down time, effecting everyone on stage, and you move normal, representing him moving faster than everyone else.
As for more ideas, I've got a few video links that might help.
From DC vs Mortal Kombat:
From Injustice Gods Among us:
and Justice League Heroes:
Hopefully that helps, if you need more, I could look over some Flash comics I have.
Good luck on the updates. :D
As someone commented in a previous post, I am anxious to see more work on Mandarin. On the other hand I think your most logical choice would be sinestro or Parasite since you already have some stuff ready for them.
Even if you never release anything new we can only thank you for all your kindness along these years.
Many years ago when I my brother showed me Mugen I confess I wasn't much impressed. The idea was nice, but the characters where overpowered, unbalanced, there were colision problems and fighting against the cpu was almost impossible.
A few years ago I rediscovered Mugen. I loved the idea of a Marvel vs DC game although I hated what Marvel and DC did in the comics. So I looked a few sites, discovered Scruffydragon (I am registered as raiden777) and I confess I had a lot of fun downloading alternative screenpacks, mounting my own roster of characters, deciding who goes against who, etc. I think this is the best part of Mugen. Better than the gameplay itself.
This is fun but is also hard work and I can only imagine the enormous amount of work involved in creating a new character, which is much more difficult. Characters like Gl and Parasite are even more challenging because of their different movesets. So I wasn't really surprised when you announced that you would probably quit. And you are right family should always come first.
I had a hard time just making big protraits in MvsDC style. I don't draw so I only try to download pictures from the internet and use them. I never posted them in the forum cause most of them are awful, like batwoman and supergirl, although I liked my Emma Frost. But even she is not nearly as good as the "official ones".
I never posted anything on Scruff's forum and I only posted here once as anonymous so I apologise if I didn't show my appreciation as often as I should. I am also sorry if I got carried away and wrote such a long text now. But I am really glad that you're back.
-2 Specials or more
-Bizarnage(Amaglgam) Level3 Hyper
P.s For Bizarnage sprites u can contact Manik who has a wip(maybe cancelled) of him
Thanks for posting all this, though. Savage Hulk has been on my want list for ages. :)
I don't know if you remember me, at that time i was editing a sort of demon with 1st parasite version you did (and with your permission hihi). I've added alot of new animations, but as for you, i too had my share of RL issues. I'll think i'll return on that wip (oh, maybe you remember my propensity to romance (regarding my huge posts :P). I'm sorry for this, but i'm really happy you're back!
Even though now i haven't alot of ideas for you, i'll review a bit of bizarro and flash to bring out alot of new ideas... stay tuned!
As Porky Pig always speak: That's all Folks ! Have a good weekend, my friend XD
Thanx for your return, Buyog (or Ryan if you like more your RL name)
1 redirect projectile sent by opponent
2 speed punches
3 A baseball slide that launches dust or rocks at the opponent
4 a phase move that allows projectiles to pass through him
lvl 1 creates a vortex around opponent
lvl 2 speed blitz
lvl 2 wally could steal the speed of his opponent to make his moves faster for a short amount of time
lvl 3 you could add have the Infinite Mass Punch
lvl 3 A speedforce type move