To me, my X-Parasite!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

This past week I've been working on building out Parasite's power-stealing support for several prominent X-Men characters (I suspect I'll have similar urges for DC teams at some point). Here are a few previews; I've also added some of these to his WIP page, but they're not all there yet:

Cyclops power set:

Parasite's Cyclone Kick special, stolen from Cyclops
Cyclone Kick special
Parasite's Mega Optic Blast hyper, stolen from Cyclops
Mega Optic Blast hyper

Storm power set (only the special so far):

Parasite's Typhoon special, stolen from Storm
Typhoon special

Iceman power set (only the special so far):

Parasite's Ice Boulder special, stolen from Iceman
Ice Boulder special

Nightcrawler power set (only the special so far):

Parasite's Teleport special, stolen from Nightcrawler
Teleport special

And given his recent "recruitment" into the X-Men, here's the Deadpool power set (Yeah, yeah, I know it's probably not gonna last. But I had to sneak these two in somehow!):

Parasite's Healing Taunt special, stolen from Deadpool
Healing Taunt special
Parasite's Hard to Kill hyper, stolen from Deadpool
Hard to Kill hyper

Note that I don't always copy actual powers from the MUGEN characters; sometimes, like with Deadpool, I just pick my own moves based on the powers of the character in question, and how I think a crook like Rudy would actually use them.

(I should also mention that Nightcrawler's BAMF is taken with permission from Twinimage's character, Storm & Iceman's moves are done with assistance from Batzarro, and I'm using edited typhoon whirlwind sprites inspired by those in Alucard's Storm)

Getting closer to the new release! Stay tuned.

Labels:

This is so coool! Staying tuned.

P.S. give us a hint 'bout progress of Hal.

Mugen fan from Russia
 
Very Very cool indeed! Glad to see Nightcrawler's powerset added. :)

- Twinimage
 
Great! What Deadpool's power set hyper does again?
 
Thanks, guys.

@MffRussia: next update will be Hal-centric.

@Twin: thanks again for the use of your Nightcrawler's BAMF sprites. :)

@Matiax: The Deadpool hyper is a bit complicated, but pretty cool: if you get KO'ed with at least 1/3 of a full power bar, your health immediately regenerates up to however much power you have (1/2 power bar = 1/2 health, etc), and you stand back up. >:-)
 
Wow that looks so good. Very nice work.
 
Hello! I'm Hno.lobo!
Do you like The Blackest Night 5?
 
@Lobo: I haven't seen Blackest Night 5 yet; I'm on vacation and won't see my pull list until next week. Excited to see what happens, though. :)
 
woooaah cool
 

Post a Comment